Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Old Violin and Rose. Oil on deep edge stretched canvas 12x12x1.5 in NFS

I’ve been thinking about painting the old violin for some time and I finally came up with the composition I wanted to paint.  Featuring the violin as a center focus of the painting, I also have a bow on the wall and a pinned to the wall weathered sheet of paper with some notes on it to add interest to the background. To balance the composition and maybe add more color I placed a pink rose next to the violin which,  to my opinion, beautifully complimented the entire  painting. I am pretty happy with the finished painting, which is my first painting with violin but certainly not the last :).  I will be including it in to my future still life paintings.
I hope you enjoy the painting :)

Violin good Violin framedViolin 3