Monday, June 9, 2014

Pomegranate and Pear. Oil on linen 8x8 inches

 Buy on Etsy

Still life with pink pomegranate and green pear with leaf.

I was shopping for groceries yesterday when I saw these beautiful poms and pears, exactly what I needed for a painting I had in mind. I needed a few small poms and have been looking for the ones with the crowns on or, at least, partial crowns, and I finally found them! very beautiful, pink color summer poms from Peru, which are awesome to paint but too sour to eat..:) I also couldn’t resist purchasing two beautiful Bartlett pears with leaves when I saw them.   I painted this painting the same evening and am almost finished with the composition for a larger painting with pomegranates. Cant wait to start it. I hope you’ll enjoy this painting and have a wonderful week! ~

Pom and PearPOM Pear framed

IMG_5535